Friday, October 9, 2009

Peaches & Apples



The peaches on our peach tree were just ready to be picked as I was leaving for Logan when Ava was born. Kaitlynn and Terry picked them and put them in the basement where it's cool. When I got home they were pretty ripe so I made jam.... about 50 pints of freezer jam. Now the apples on our 5 trees are ready. I'll be trying out lots of apple recipes again this year. If you have a favorite, please share it with me at zinnwinn@gmail.com

I might even post about them.

3 comments:

Jenna said...

Oooh!! That peach jam looks tasty!! Good job mom! That's a huge project! I'm excited that you actually got peaches this year!! Good luck with the apples!

Robin Conner said...

It was fun catching up on your blog! First, way to go on all the Carter had to accomplish to get his medal! That is really commendable! And how did Brooklynn break her arm? Ouchy!!! But I love the pink cast! Kaitlynn is so cute! I can't believe she is a senior! Jenna's new baby is precious! I bet you really enjoyed staying there for a little bit to help her and cuddle that sweet baby! This makes 8 or 9 grand kids for you right? Wow!!! Loved the peach jam, yum yum!! And your room colors are awesome looking! And the trip to the corn maze looked like so much fun! I bet the kids had a blast! Thanks for sharing all your fun recent happenings!

Levi and Marissa Richins said...

The jam looks yummy! I will have to try some when we come out next! I need to learn how to do that!