Sunday, August 1, 2010

Projects

Sometimes I have a hard time finishing projects that I start. I finally decided to paint the stair rails in our house (they're metal and unsightly). Have you ever tried spray painting in the house? I carefully masked it off and put up what I thought was plenty of tarps. But guess what? It goes EVERYWHERE. So this is one job I haven't finished. Terry tells me there's a better way to do it but so far I haven't tackled the rest of the project. So here's the before and after shot all in one. The "before" is the railing in the foreground and the "after" is in the background. The one I painted brown looks great if I do say so myself, but for now maybe I'll just consider it eclectic.

Clear back in May I started new flannel quilts for Carter and Isaac. I measured, cut, sewed and then I spent 2 full days just putting the quilts on the frames and tying them, and then I tucked them away to bind later. Well, "later" just barely got here. I don't know why I dread making bias binding and then actually binding, but I seem to. Anyway, last week I finally finished the quilts (I'm going to use them as bedspreads) and made pillow cases. Now I just need to paint their bookcase headboards (or get Terry to) and then I'm going to paint their bedroom. Carter is anxious to have the new quilts on their beds (they're very soft and he picked out the flannel) but I told him it would have to wait until everything is done. Hopefully the rest of the project won't have to wait so long.

1 comment:

Jenna said...

The railing does look very nice!! I really like it!! I can understand not being motivated to finish it though! But then again, you know me! And the quilts! You always do such an amazing job! I love the one you made for our wedding. (It's always on our bed!!) This quilt looks really soft. I want to snuggle up in it!