Friday, January 30, 2009

Let It Snow........



For those of you who don't live in Vernal..... Monday we had an old fashion snow storm. The snow was wet and heavy; the kind that's good for playing in. Of course, if you had to drive in it-- not so much fun.

When Kaitlynn went to warm up her car that was parked on our covered driveway she discovered that her doors were frozen shut. With the aid of a hairdryer and little hip action she was finally able to get inside the car. The next thing I know, she's back in the house informing me that she's stuck in the driveway. I was still in my PJs and trying to figure out how to get her to school on time when a friend of hers that lives just up the road from us was headed to school. He saw her dilemma and quickly came to her aid. He was going to help her get the car unstuck but then she just suggested he give her a ride to school and they were on their way. Later in the day we both discussed that it was a tender mercy in her behalf as she has had very little experience driving in the snow.

Needless to say, some people got to work late, some stores even opened late, and a lot of kids were late for school; some even had buses that didn't arrive. Since there was a winter storm warning in effect for most of the day, the schools decided to send the kids home after lunch. In the 24 years that I've had kids in school, I can only recall one other snow day. I stepped outside early in the day to take these pictures, then I grabbed a yardstick and measured..... 9 inches and still snowing. This was definitely a storm to remember!!!


I thought this picture from Wednesday's Vernal Express was a good example of Monday's driving conditions!

4 comments:

Robin Conner said...

Oh wow, 9 inches. That was quite the snow storm! I'm laughing about the "snow day", since they give a snow day here even if it threatens to flurry! :) So funny.

Jenna said...

I actually remember that other snow day! That is so incredible! And probably a REALLY good thing Kait didn't end up driving in it! I would have been scared to death! But I also really like your background! Super fun mom!!

Heidi said...

I will be grateful when it melts, because the doctor isn't too keen on giving pregnant ladies anti-anxiety medication {which I swear I need in order to drive in that much snow} I actually gave our family a snow day-- I cancelled Kairi's doctors appt and stayed home..... I am glad Kait didn't drive in it too.... She would have needed a Xanax too.... {I bet they wouldn't give her one either though}

Unknown said...

hahaha! the cop tried to plow the bus, but lost! haha!