Monday, December 22, 2008

Ann's Birthday


We celebrated Ann's birthday on Thursday, December 18... the day before her birthday since she had the day off work. Cameron & Heidi and all the kids were here. We decorated gingerbread houses. All of the kids had their own. I put the houses together with hot glue the night before so the kids could have free reign with decorating. Years ago we used to do gingerbread houses for Ann's birthday, but we hadn't done that for a long time. Back then I used to make real gingerbread and royal frosting. We would cut out miniature houses and the kids would put them together and decorate. I had some requests for real gingerbread this year, but it was graham crackers or nothing. The last few years I've been wanting to make real gingerbread houses. I even bought the molasses, but I never seem to find the time. Graham crackers or gingerbread..... I think we had just as much fun. Ann unwrapped her gifts, we had dinner together and Annie's favorite cake (angelfood with a frosting made from melted Hersey bars & marshmellows and whipped cream). The kids all got along really well (though the volume was a little loud) and we all had a great time together!!!



5 comments:

Jenna said...

Those are such cute houses!! They all did such a good job!! I'm suprised theres not a piece of candy in isaacs mouth....or was there!?! I'm sure there was one somewhere throughout the night!! Super fun houses!!!!

Robin Conner said...

Happy Belated Birthday Ann! Great pics of the houses. I've wanted to do the "real" gingerbread houses too for the past few years, but haven't gotten up the courage yet. You'll have to send me your recipe if you have a good one! Again, Happy Birthday Ann and I hope you all have a great Christmas!

Kay Lynn said...

I'm impressed that you have all these events on your blog!

Ivy Lou said...

Will you please pass "Happy Birthday!" on to Ann! Your blog looks absolutely awesome!!!

Heidi said...

Two words, Budda Belly... nuff said (plus you got your picture of me at the baby blessing.....)