Tuesday, March 17, 2009

St. Patrick's Day

Today is a celebration!!! Forty-seven years ago I was in a Salt Lake hospital with life threatening complications from appendicitis. My mother sat by my bed and never left me for days even though she had just suffered a miscarriage. My brothers were in Vernal with my grandparents and my dad was a patient in the same hospital. You might ask why today is a celebration. It's simple..... I am alive and well. This holiday always causes me to reflect on how much I have to be grateful for, most of all LIFE!

3 comments:

Jenna said...

Mom! That is so great! I remember you telling us about that! And its good that all three of you are doing well.

Hey, can we babysit Isaac on Sunday while you go to the dedication???

Kathy said...

Babysitting offers are never refused unless you and Ryan need to get back to Logan before we're done.

Kay Lynn said...

I am very grateful for this day of celebration. I would have missed out on a lot of good times with you!