Saturday, December 26, 2009

Real Gingerbread Houses

















I finally did it again! I made real gingerbread. I forgot how easy it was to make these miniature houses. Years ago, Marissa's 3rd grade teacher (Mrs. Bailey) let every child do their own little gingerbread house. She asked for parent volunteers to make the gingerbread and cut out the houses in advance so that's how I got the recipe. Kaitlynn was a big help. She and I put the houses together for everyone except Carter and then she helped Kessie by putting the frosting in spots and letting her put the candies on. Isaac and Kessie even ate less candy this year and decorated more.

2 comments:

Jenna said...

What a cute little gingerbread neighborhood!! Looks like everyone had lots of fun!! Cute pics!!

Heidi said...

I don't think I told you that Kesslynn loved her gingerbread house so much that she took it to bed with her for 3 nights in a row...... Thanks for giving the girls this tradition that they look forward to EVERY year!!!!!